Lashes · Aftercare睫毛 · 护理

Lash extension aftercare: the 48-hour rules we actually mean.

睫毛 后续护理:48 小时内的真规则。

The first 48 hours after your appointment decide whether your set lasts four weeks or two. A Singapore-humidity-aware aftercare guide.

做完后头 48 小时决定你的睫毛是撑 4 周还是 2 周。新加坡湿气版护理指南。

Editorial close-up of fresh hybrid lash extensions at yeux by qun, Hougang
Fig. 02 · A fresh hybrid set at yeux. Retention starts in the first 48 hours.图 02 · yeux 新做的混合套睫毛。保留率从前 48 小时开始决定。

Most lash artists give you a printed aftercare card and hope you read it. We're going to do something more useful: explain why each rule exists, so when life gets in the way, you can make an informed compromise.

The short version: the cyanoacrylate adhesive that bonds extensions to your natural lashes takes 24 to 48 hours to fully cure24 到 48 小时完全固化. Everything we ask you to avoid in that window — hot water, steam, oil, makeup — is something that interferes with that cure. After 48 hours, the rules relax dramatically.

The first 24 hours

头 24 小时

Keep them dry — completely.

保持完全干燥。

This is the only non-negotiable rule. Water in the first 24 hours weakens the still-curing adhesive bonds. That includes:

这是唯一不能讨价还价的规则。前 24 小时碰水会削弱还在固化的胶水。包括:

  • Showering: yes, you can shower, but tilt your head back and avoid direct water on the face.
  • 洗澡:可以洗,但头往后仰,不要让水直接喷脸。
  • Crying: try to dab any tears away from the lash line, not across.
  • 哭:眼泪从睫毛线往外吸掉,不要横抹。
  • Sweat: skip the gym, hot yoga, and anything that produces facial sweat.
  • 出汗:健身、热瑜伽、任何让脸出汗的活动都不要。
  • Singapore's quirk: even an aircon-to-outdoor commute can produce facial humidity. Try not to let your face go from 18°C to 32°C and back twice in the first day.
  • 新加坡特色:从冷气进出户外都会让脸出湿气。第一天尽量别让脸在 18°C 和 32°C 之间来回切换 2 次。

Sleep on your back.

仰睡。

If you're a side-sleeper, the friction against a pillow can flatten or twist extensions in the first night before the bond is fully set. Try a silk pillowcase as the next-best option if back-sleeping isn't realistic.

侧睡的话,第一晚胶水还没完全固定,枕头摩擦会压平或扭曲睫毛。如果没办法仰睡,丝质枕套是次好选择。

Hours 24 to 48

24 到 48 小时

Gentle washing is fine — gently.

可以轻柔洗脸 — 但要轻。

From hour 24, you can wash your face. Keep it gentle:

24 小时后可以洗脸。要轻柔:

  • Use a foaming, oil-free cleanser. Skip anything with an "oil" or "balm" in the name for the first week.
  • 用泡沫、无油洁面。第一周避开名字里有「油」或「膏」的产品。
  • Apply with a clean fingertip in soft, downward strokes. Do not rub the lash line.
  • 用干净指尖轻轻往下拍。不要搓睫毛根部。
  • Rinse with cool water and pat dry — never towel-rub.
  • 凉水冲、轻拍干 — 不要用毛巾搓。
  • If you wear contact lenses, take them out before washing your face.
  • 戴隐形眼镜的话,洗脸前先取下。

Still no steam.

还是不能蒸气。

Saunas, hot showers (above ~38°C), steam rooms and hot yoga are still off-limits until hour 48. Heat softens the adhesive before it has fully cured.

蒸气房、热水澡(高于 38°C)、桑拿、热瑜伽 48 小时内还是不行。高温会让还没完全固化的胶水变软。

Singapore humidity — the unique factor

新加坡湿气 — 独特因素

Cyanoacrylate adhesive cures faster in humidity. This is technically a good thing — but it also means our climate is harder on the bonds after之后 curing. The high baseline moisture, combined with daily aircon/outdoor cycles, causes more thermal shock to the bond than dry climates do.

The practical implication: in cooler climates, lash refills can stretch to 3-4 weeks. In Singapore, we book refills every 2.5 to 3 weeks2.5 到 3 周. Pushing past week 3 usually means you'll arrive with under 40% retention, and refill pricing tips into "fresh set" territory.

"In Singapore, we book refills every 2.5 to 3 weeks. Anything past week 3 usually means a fresh set, not a refill."

「新加坡这边,我们每 2.5 到 3 周补一次。超过 3 周通常算新做整套,不是补。」

The four habits that wreck retention

毁睫毛保留率的 4 个习惯

  1. Mascara — even "extension-safe" mascara.睫毛膏 — 就算标榜「嫁接安全」也不行。 Mascara residue builds up at the bond point. Removing it requires oil-based cleansers, which is the fastest way to dissolve adhesive. Just skip it. A good hybrid or volume set混合或浓密套 is dramatic enough that mascara becomes redundant.
  2. Eye cream applied directly on the lid.眼霜直接涂眼皮。 Most eye creams are oil-rich. Apply them along the orbital bone (just below the brow and just above the cheekbone) — never on the lid itself.
  3. Rubbing your eyes.揉眼睛。 Hay-fever season, allergies, late nights — we get it. But rubbing physically twists extensions out. Try cold-pressed eye masks instead.
  4. Sleeping face-down.趴睡。 Stomach-sleepers get the worst retention. If you can't switch to back-sleeping, a silk pillowcase reduces friction.

Refill timing rules

补睫毛的时间规则

For existing yeux clients, refill pricing applies when:

yeux 老客户的补睫毛价适用于:

  • You have at least 40–50% of the original set remaining.
  • 原本的睫毛至少保留 40 到 50%。
  • You're returning within 3 weeks of your last set or refill.
  • 上次做完或补完 3 周内回来。
  • The original set was applied at yeux (we don't refill other studios' work — too many adhesive-compatibility unknowns).
  • 原本是在 yeux 做的(我们不补别家的 — 胶水兼容性不确定)。

If retention drops below 40%, the appointment is technically a fresh set. We will tell you honestly when you arrive. If you're unsure, send Qun a photo on WhatsApp and she'll quote before you book.

如果保留率低于 40%,技术上算新做整套。你来的时候我们会老实说。不确定的话 WhatsApp 发照片给 Qun,她会先报价。

Frequently asked questions

常见问题

Can I swim with lash extensions?

嫁接睫毛可以游泳吗?

Yes, after 48 hours. Salt water and chlorine aren't ideal for retention long-term, so rinse with fresh water immediately after. Avoid pool goggles that press on the lash line.

可以,48 小时后。海水和氯水长期对保留率不好,游完立刻用清水冲。避免压到睫毛根部的泳镜。

What if I cry on the day of my appointment?

做完当天哭了怎么办?

Dab tears with a clean tissue, never wipe. Tears are saline and slightly weaken curing bonds. Most clients are fine.

用干净纸巾轻按吸掉,不要擦。眼泪是盐水,会轻微影响胶水固化。多数客人没事。

Should I brush my lashes daily?

需要每天梳睫毛吗?

Yes. We give you a clean spoolie at the end of every appointment — use it gently each morning to keep the fan shape clean.

需要。每次做完我们都给你一支干净睫毛刷 — 每天早上轻轻梳,保持扇形整齐。

Can I get lash extensions if I have very thin or short natural lashes?

真睫毛很细很短可以做吗?

Yes. We measure your natural lash length and only apply weight your lashes can carry. A classic or hybrid set works for thin lashes; volume sets are reserved for clients whose natural lash structure can support them.

可以。我们会量你真睫毛长度,只贴你睫毛能承受的重量。细睫毛适合经典或混合套;浓密套留给真睫毛结构能撑得住的客人。

How do I remove extensions safely?

怎么安全卸睫毛?

Don't pull them off — you'll lose natural lashes. Book a 30-minute removal at yeux ($25) and we'll dissolve them with a gentle solvent. Never tweeze.

不要自己拔 — 真睫毛会一起掉。来 yeux 预约 30 分钟卸睫毛($25),我们用温和溶剂溶掉。绝对不要用镊子拔。